Online Child Protection training course
This course is designed to give you information regarding responsibilities and guidance for promoting the wellbeing of children and keeping them safe.
South Lanarkshire Child Protection Committee (CPC) is committed to raising basic awareness and understanding of child protection and promoting wellbeing. This is a key priority of the CPC as it continues to advocate and promote that "child protection is everyone's job".
An updated e-learning online child protection training course for all practitioners working across the public, private and third sectors within South Lanarkshire is available. If you are a South Lanarkshire Council employee, please access the course here via the Learn Online system.
The course is divided into the following sections:
- Key terms
- Getting it Right for Every Child
- The Charter
- The Framework for Standards
- Child Abuse
- Your Responsibilities
By the end of the course you will:
- Have a basic understanding of definitions and signs of child abuse
- Be aware of some of the myths surrounding child abuse
- Be familiar with Getting it Right for Every Child
- Be aware of your responsibilities in relation to child protection
The course will take about 40 minutes to complete.